Initially when biodegradable paper cups were first introduced into the UK they arrived in the most common variety, the single wall paper cup. This was the same as the regular recyclable cup but with a PLA lining instead of a PE (plastic) lining.
As biodegradability has become an exponentially important aspect of disposables, demand has increased sharply. As such the range of cup types available for customers who require a biodegradable paper cup is greater than ever.
We stock the following types of biodegradable cups:
- Single wall “Ingeo” PLA paper cups
- Double wall “Ingeo” PLA paper cups
- Insulated ripple wall “Ingeo” PLA paper cups
- Bamboo compostable paper cups
- Triple layer “Ultimate” bamboo compostable paper cups
Our range now covers all the common cup types available, meaning there’s a biodegradable alternative to any of our regular ranges of disposable cups. The different levels of insulation work the exact same way as our non-biodegradable cups:
- Single wall (including bamboo): The most popular variety, lowest cost per unit but only basic heat insulation.
- Double Wall: An extra layer of insulation, much better heat retention and more comfortable to hold. Smooth outer wall.
- Insulated Ripple: The best level of heat insulation has a tactile “rippled” outer which further improves insulation.
- Triple Layer “ultimate” bamboo: The same high level of insulation as the ripple cups, but with a smooth outer wall.
Please feel free to get in touch with our friendly sales team with any queries you may have about our range of biodegradable paper cups.